floating point under Microport

bill vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 13:13:49 AEST 1988

In article <711 at wa3wbu.UUCP< john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
<
<
<     I'm not a C-guru so don't flame me but what is this code supposed to
<do if it works properly ?  I compiled this code two different ways on my
<Sys V/AT 2.3U system.
<
<	1. cc -o test test.c -lm
<	2. cc -o test test.c
<
<     When I run test, it just returns the cursor. No error, no nothing.
<Is this correct ?  I've tried supplying an argument to "test" and it
<still just returns the cursor. I might add that my machine has a 80287
<installed.
<
Test is a shell command.  When you type test, you are getting the shell
program with no arguments passed to it, and thus you get your prompt back.
Try compiling your program with another name other than test and it will
probably work just fine.  I did this too the first time I ever got into a
Unix environment.

Try cc -o foo test.c
then
$ foo

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP