Smail 2.5 on V/386

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 21:01:42 AEST 1988

In article <713 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>....it kicks out the error "mail -s invalid option" or something
>close to this. I didnt write down the exact wording. I restore the....

You need to create a file in /usr/lib/mailx called "mailx.rc." The
file contains default information for the mail program. Add the line

unset addsopt

to the file, and you should be set. You might want to change other options
as well. Check the manual for the sopt settings as well as several others.
"Smail 2.5" works great on the 80386!
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogccse}!qiclab!neighorn
Intel Corporation            "Where we BUILD the Star Fighters that defend the