Auto-checking of file systems

wtr at moss.ATT.COM wtr at moss.ATT.COM
Sat Dec 3 04:51:58 AEST 1988

In article <683 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>   What do I have to modify in Sys V/AT to have it run fsck on all file
>systems, including root, at power up regardless of wether the previous
>shutdown was normal or not. I've looked through the files run in inittab
>and its not real clear. Thanks.
>					John

john,

check out the variouse /etc/rc* files.  these are the scripts
that are run upon changing to a new init level.  the various
/etc/rc *directories* hold individual scripts which are also
run.  i believe that the code that you are looking for should
be in there.

sorry i can't be more precise, but i don't have a uport system
anymore. (gotta at&t unix-pc a few weeks ago, and sold my pc).
but the scripts are fairly strait forward and simple to pick
apart. (also pretty educational, if you realy want to find out
what all goes on at bootup)

good luck!

Bill Rankin
Bell Labs, Whippany NJ