Ramdisk usage on V/386

Phil Blecker mwg at inxsvcs.UUCP
Sat Dec 24 00:25:22 AEST 1988

In article <6515 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US>, elwiz at killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Chert Pellett) writes:
> 	Or better yet, Anyone got a way to get it [RAM disk] out of the kernel?

I took ramd out of /etc/atconf/systems/system.std without any problems. There
appears to be a way to change the size of the "disk", but I don't want one
badly enough to figure it out. I figure the RAM would be put to better use
by UNIX than as an expensive fast diskette, personally.
--
Phil Blecker +1 818 243-3053           none of my ideas belong to me and
uunet!inxsvcs!mwg                      i can't see anything wrong with that