GNU Emacs

Mitchell Ludwig mludwig at lehi3b15.UUCP
Sat Dec 10 06:03:46 AEST 1988

Ok, here we go...

I am attempting to make 18.52 (gnu) work on my Microport 386.  The machine
is running Microport UN*X ver 3.  Internally I've got 2 meg of usable memory.
When I compile the darn thing, everything goes just grand until the makefile
tries to execute ld temacs (and a whole lot of .o files...).  Partway
through the execution of this command I get an error concerning the system's
inability to add the symbol Lisp_Subr to the symbol table and then I get
gonged.  I'm using the m-intel386.h and the s-usg-5-3.h in my config.h.
My question is, HELP!  How come?  I have a friend using the freakin thing in
SCO's Xenix (if this is a plug for XENIX, sorry :-) and he had none of the
problems I'm having.  In fact, it was the ease with which he compiled the
thing which led me to give it a shot.

So, does anyone

	1) Have any idea why it gongs me here and with that error?

	2) Have Gnu running on Microport?

	and 3) know of either an m or s file for my config which is
		more compatable with Microport.  Also, if I'm gonna need
		to re-map my keyboard, has anyone done it yet?

	Any help is appreciated...  You can reply to me here or
	directly to :

UUCP : ...!lehi3b15!rastro!mfl or 	...!lehi3b15!mludwig

		or for you internet and bitnet dudes

Internet : KMFLUDW at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu	Bitnet : MFL1 at lehigh.bitnet

			Mitch