tape streamers question

Henk Dijkstra henk at bebux.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 04:54:47 AEST 1988

I've just received the new documentation for the Microport R3V3.0e release
which states there is now support for the Everex 830,833 and 811-B controllers.
I would like to purchase a tape-streamer however one of my wishes is
that it is compatible with "frequently" used tape-streamers on UNIX systems.
>From what I hear that means I have to buy a "QIC-24" format compatible
cartridge tape-streamer. My problem is (since no one here in Holland can
sell an Everex tapestreamer "off the shelf") I have not any clue in what
all those controller numbers mean. Is there anybody willing to help me out?
So I end up with an UNIX compatible tapestreamer i.o. some MSDOS device.

Please help me!
--
Henk Dijkstra	: BETRONIC B.V.			USENET : henk at bebux.UUCP
		: PO-box 4317				 ..!hp4nl!bebux!henk