Need INFO about possibilities of IBM Mainframe connection

Galo Mejia mejia at laidbak.UUCP
Sat Jul 30 14:27:31 AEST 1988

In article <11190005 at hpisoa1.HP.COM> vandys at hpisoa1.HP.COM (Andrew Valencia) writes:
>/ hpisoa1:comp.unix.microport / andy at mssx.UUCP (Andreas Pleschutznig) / 11:39 am  Jul 24, 1988 /
>>Is there anyone out there, who can point me the possibilities of
>>UNIX(386) and XENIX(386) to connect to an IBM Host ?!
>
>    SCO supports 3270 emulation.  I don't know if they support 3270
>file transfer.  Give them a call.
>					Andy
I would guess, however, that a coax_card is need. 3270 is a family of IBM
terminals that connect to a terminal cluster  (models 3274, 3276) through a
coax_cable (they use BYSYNC protocol to talk to their communications control
program. ei. VTAM) There are many coax cards in the market (IRMA, AST, ITT and
others, used to be around $500) I used in 286 machines, so I don't know about
386.
        Galo.