Bell Tech Pricing

Dale Farnsworth df at nud.UUCP
Fri Jul 29 09:06:52 AEST 1988

Brian Cuthie (brian at cbw1.UMD.EDU) writes:

> It seems like the only issue here is how people define "complete."  I have
> to wonder how long this argument can go on.  Personally I prefer to think
> of "complete" as being "everything."  Obviously Bell-Tech and their
> supporters think complete has a different definition.   I don't know that
> there is any point in wasting 10k/day in net bandwidth in obscured arguments
> over the definition of complete.

Bell Technologies includes "everything" that is included in
AT&T's System V Release 3.

System V Release 3 not include nroff/troff or on-line man pages.
It does have an on-line help facility and many other nice features.

Bell Tech provides "complete" System V Release 3.  If, by your definition,
that is not "complete" UNIX, then AT&T should be flamed, not Bell Technologies.

-Dale

--
Dale Farnsworth		602-438-3092	noao!nud!df