ELM on 286 System V/AT

David Beckemeyer david at bdt.UUCP
Fri Jul 8 16:53:58 AEST 1988

A while back I posted asking for working ELM sources for the 286
version of Microport System V/AT.   I was told they were available
from the uport BBS.  I got the ELM that was on the BBS, but it doesn't
have any Microport/286 specific instructions at all.

The Configure.sh doesn't know how to make Makefiles that work.  It
tries to use -ltermcap and has no provision for using -lcurses instead.
It doesn't know that elm is too large for small model and needs the
-Ml option in CFLAGS.   It appears to be the standard vanilla ELM.

Why is it available on the BBS if it isn't meant to work with Microport's
version of UNIX?  If it does work, why isn't there anything to configure it
for Microport System V/AT included in the package?  Why should I go to
the special effort to call Scotts Valley to get the version from Microport's
BBS if it isn't even a version that works with Microport UNIX?  Especially
considering I can get the standard ELM locally.

What's going on?  Does the ELM on Microport's BBS work with Microport System
V/AT or not?  Thanks for helping if you can.
--
David Beckemeyer (david at bdt.uucp)	| "Yea I've got medicine..." as the
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| cookie cocks a his Colt, "and if