Bell Tech Ad (was: Re: semi-review of Bell Tech Unix for the 386)

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 20:50:45 AEST 1988

In article <2321 at sugar.uu.net> karl at sugar.uu.net (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
>I've been running Bell Tech Unix System V/386 for the last couple of weeks,
>and I thought I'd share with the net my impressions, both good and bad.
>
>... Nroff/troff are not included, because, according
>to BT, they haven't gone through the validation suite and aren't up to the
>quality of everything else, but they'll sell it to you, so it's sort of still
>unbundled.

Now, THAT is no longer ambiguous, if this is true, then their ad is purposely
misleading the consumer.

The ad states "The price includes ... and all other UNIX utilities, files
and programs, ...", but that seems to be OUTRIGHT UNTRUE.

What sort of reasoning is this, "It hasn't passed the tests so we'll
charge you extra for it"?

I get to be less and less impressed with the honesty of whoever makes
marketing decisions at Bell Technologies.
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp at dcs.UUCP                   TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD