Need info on SysV/AT f77 compiler

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Sun Jun 5 15:04:53 AEST 1988

In article <20800001 at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu> leein at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:

>Has anyone used Microport Sys5/AT for FORTRAN program developments?
>Is it relaible?
>I heard that f77 compiler comes with Sys5/AT Software Development Package
>for 286 machines.

Yes, V/AT for the 80286 comes with a f77 compiler, but the 386 version of
Unix does not come with a f77 compiler in its standard configuration. I am
not aware of Green Hills compilers for 286 products, but they do make
386 compilers. While I have seen Green Hills C for the 386, I have not
seen a FORTRAN yet. I have a big graphics program just crying to be
compiled on my 386.
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogcvax}!qiclab!neighorn
Portland Public Schools      "Where we train young Star Fighters to defend the