Physical Memory allocation

Eric Schnoebelen egs at killer.UUCP
Sat Jun 18 06:17:05 AEST 1988

Hi.
	I need to allocate a particular piece of memory for a driver.  The
card has an onboard buffer in ROM space on the PC that the driver needs to
be able to read and write.  I assume I need to allocate a memory descriptor
of some kind in the kernel to do this ( I have already gotten the segment
violation panic without doing this ).  The question is: How do I do this
under Microport SysV/AT?  What about under SysV/386 ( I plan on porting the
driver real soon )?  Any pointers would be useful.  And I have read the
runtime manual about adding device drivers, with no mention of a seemingly
appropriate function.

	Thanks

		Eric Schnoebelen
		John W. Bridges & Assoc., Inc