Help With Chase AT* TTY board

steve at cdp.UUCP steve at cdp.UUCP
Fri Jun 10 09:21:00 AEST 1988

Does anyone have any experience with the Chase AT4, AT8, or AT16 Intelligent
Serial I/O Controllers for V/386 on the AT bus ?  The board is distributed by
Monolithic Systems and Microway, but is made by Specialix Systems Ltd. in the
UK.

We bought a 16 port board (AT16) for our Everex 386/20, running Microport
UNIX, and have been unable to make the thing work.  At boot time, we get the
message :

   Chase Serial I/O driver V3.06 DMA channel 5 active.  Card not installed

I have checked for conflicting DMA channels, and improperly installed jumpers.
Also, I have been in contact with John Pettitt, who designed the board.  He
suggested that our AT may have non-standard termination of the DMA channel,
and gave me info on how to hack the at16 to compensate.  But still, it doesn't
boot.

So, if anyone has experience or advice on bringing up the AT16/8/4, could you
please E-Mail me at the below address.

Thank you,

Steven Fram

Community Data Processing (CdP)
1944C University
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-322-9069

UUCP     : {hplabs, pyramid, uunet, ...}!cdp!steve
Internet : parcvax.xerox.com!cdp!steve