help with malloc on microport

Charles Hedrick hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu
Sun Jun 26 14:27:39 AEST 1988

Neither the normal malloc nor the optional extra malloc included with
2.3 work.  The optional one core-dumps on any program I've ever tried
it with.  The standard one causes excessive swapping, and sometimes
claims it is out of memory when there's plenty of memory left.  I
posted a new malloc some time ago.  To save space, I'm going to reply
to this request by mail rather than by reposting it.  The original
posting was cc'ed to uport in hopes that they would include it in the
next release.  Any of the 2.3.1 beta testers want to comment whether
malloc works now?