Permissions file in HD UUCP

william vajk learn at igloo.UUCP
Sun Jun 5 14:22:01 AEST 1988

In article <374 at tandem.UUCP>, narayan at tandem.UUCP (Narayan Mohanram) writes:
> I have the HD UUCP from uport, but there is not documentation for
> setting up the Permssions file. Can somebody out there with a
> working copy of the permssions file for uucp, and news post
> a sample line.

Strange, my copy had all sorts of docs, however....

Be very careful of permitting r and w to / as you have given the
other system some strong permissions. Use tabs to set the spacing.

	MACHINE=OTHER	\
	COMMANDS=akcslink:rmail:rnews:Cakcslink

	LOGNAME=nuucp	\
	REQUEST=yes	SENDFILES=yes

	MACHINE=chinet	\
	REQUEST=yes	SENDFILES=yes

	LOGNAME=a-nodename	\
	REQUEST=yes	SENDFILES=yes \
	READ=/ WRITE=/

Good luck.

Bill Vajk                                              learn at igloo