Disk error and recovery

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.UUCP
Tue Jun 7 04:19:08 AEST 1988

I saw this disk error on my console this morning. Now I'm worried.

Disk I/O Error: Fun: 30  Cy: 220  Hd 4 Sec 12  Status: 51 Estat: 80 Drstat: A4

Since the error is not time stamped, I have no idea when it happened.
Sometime over the weekend is all I know.

I am running a two drive Microport V/AT system.  Drive 0 is a 60Meg
priam ID62/V185 and drive 1 is an 80 Meg Seagate ST4096.

Which drive had the I/O error? What do I do to fix the file that is now
corrupt? How do I find the file that is corrupt? I assume that I should
add this location into the bad sector map, but can I do this now without
re-building the system?

This is the first time I've seen anything like this before. This machine
has been up 24 hours a day since May 16. It would have been up longer
except I installed the cartridge tape drivers on the 16th.

larry

--
Larry Williamson                      Focus Automation Systems
UUCP: watmath!focsys!larry    608 Weber St. N, Waterloo, Ontario N2V 1K4