Permissions file in HD UUCP

Bjorn Sjoholm bear at kuling.UUCP
Fri Jun 10 20:43:25 AEST 1988

In article <374 at tandem.UUCP> narayan at tandem.UUCP (Narayan Mohanram) writes:
>I have the HD UUCP from uport, but there is not documentation for
>setting up the Permssions file.

	True, they don't supply  much documentation for UUCP.

> Can somebody out there with a
>working copy of the permssions file for uucp, and news post
>a sample line.

	Sure, here is ours (with host-names substituted!).
	We communicate with 3 hosts. 'host1' call us and we call them.
	They log in as 'Uhost1'
	'host2' and 'host3' don't call us up, we call them.

	We are able to exchange news with all three hosts, we permit
	file-transfers to and from all three hosts, but only
	from /tmp and /usr/spool/uucppublic.

	Here is the file, hope it helps.

			/Bjorn

# Entry for Host1
LOGNAME=Uhost1 MACHINE=host1 VALIDATE=host1 \
	READ=/tmp:/usr/spool/uucppublic WRITE=/tmp:/usr/spool/uucppublic \
	COMMANDS=rmail:rnews:uucp \
	SENDFILES=yes REQUEST=yes

# Host2 & Host3
MACHINE=host2:host3 \
	READ=/tmp:/usr/spool/uucppublic WRITE=/tmp:/usr/spool/uucppublic \
	COMMANDS=rmail:rnews:uucp \
	REQUEST=yes

--
Bjorn Sjoholm,                  UUCP: bear at stab.se (...!uunet!enea!stab!bear)
Computer Science,               ARPA: enea!stab!bear at uunet.uu.net
University of Uppsala, Sweden   Phone: +46 18 155097