Info on uport Ethernet boards wanted

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Mon Jun 6 23:09:23 AEST 1988

I would like to hear from fellow Microport users who are familiar with
MICOM and/or Excelan products running under V/386. Specifically I am
interested in good/bad/indifferent tales regarding the use of the
MICOM-Interlan NP600A LAN card and the associated software, and the
Excelan 205/205T LAN card/software combination. How do the boards
install/how do they perform/how complete is the sockets lib/etc?

I am responsible for setting up a TCP/IP network between a group of
80386 machines running V/386, and I would like as much input as
possible before I recommend the purchase of several $1400-$1500
products.

Thanks in advance for any information.
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogcvax}!qiclab!neighorn
Portland Public Schools      "Where we train young Star Fighters to defend the