2-drive bug fix

David Beckemeyer david at bdt.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 10:18:11 AEST 1988

In article <355 at uport.UUCP> mdg at uport.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
>If you are one of the unfortunates who has experienced the 2-drive bug,
>I would appreciate you downloading the new driver and giving it a try.
>If the code does not work, please drop me a line or call me at Microport.
>I intend to fix *all* failure modes for this particular bug.
>
>							Marc de Groot
>							Senior Engineer

Marc used my machine to produce one form of the bug and to develop
these new drivers.   Now I call Microport only to find out that he no
longer works for the company!   I wish him well... But now who do we talk
to about this problem?   I get the feeling that Microport would like to
forget that they ever produced a 286 product!

These new drivers did help with the problem I had, where there were some
strange spurrious HD errors.   The new problem is that now the machine
hangs when there is a "real" HD error.  Oh well.

--
David Beckemeyer (david at bdt.uucp)	| "Yea I've got medicine..." as the
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| cookie cocks a his Colt, "and if