Laser Jet-II DWB 1.0

Jeff Bowles bowles at lll-crg.llnl.gov
Wed Jun 1 03:10:23 AEST 1988

Ken Greer from Elan posted some information on their product, and then
gave an address "to not make this into an ad."

Well, folks, consider this an unsolicited ad. I bought their product, or
should I say, I convinced the people who sign my paycheck to buy it, and
I've been running it in a degraded mode: I don't use the HP "Soft Font"
package yet, and in fact copy the output from "eroff" to an MS-DOS network
to be dumped onto the printers there. It's a tacky process, but all I have
(for now.)

I am VERY pleased with the value added by Elan. They provided bitmaps for
most point sizes for the standard typefaces (R, I, B, and S), support pic
and tbl on the Laserjet II better than the Imagen 8/300 that DWB supposedly
works with,  fixed a lot of little problems with the macros, and in general,
it works.

Perhaps if you have a Unix box at home and want a troff for it, this is too
pricey. If you can afford it, it's well worth it. Still, I sorta wish they'd
provide me with a TeX, but...

	Jeff Bowles