Latest version of Microport Unix/386

William H. Greene wgreene at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 31 02:05:06 AEST 1988

I'm confused about what version of 386 Unix is currently available from
Microport. I'm currently running 2.2 (including SD system) which has no
Korn shell or Greenhills C. I thought I read  in other messages in this
newsgroup that there was a 2.3 386 version that included these two pieces
of software. But when I call Microport to ask about an upgrade, they say
there is no 2.3 version. Is anybody out there running Microport with
Korn shell ? with Greenhills C ? If so, did it come as part of a standard
Microport release, from the Microport BB, or another source ? Since
Microport has been advertising  these features for only around 3 months
now, I would expect that we would have to wait about another 3 months
to actually get them. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

                          Bill Greene