Controller/driver combo... will it work?

Andy Johnson ajohnson at killer.UUCP
Sat Mar 5 11:08:58 AEST 1988

I received an Omti 8627 controller and am using it on a Miniscribe
3650 40 meg hard drive in a "unknown clone" 286 AT (with Phoenix
Bios).

What's nifty neat about this is that with the OMTI RLL controller, I
can effectively get 60 megs out of my 40 meg drive.

I have this working just find under MS - DOS.

When the drive is configured, you tell the bios that there are 0
hard drives installed.  It works. Just fine.

My question is:  will this work under Mport unix?

I know that "Northgate" has been selling this same combo for a while
on their "AT".  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Either leave mail or post answers here.

Andy Johnson