Submission for comp-unix-microport

Unix-to-Unix copy program uucp at uclachem.UUCP
Wed Mar 9 02:12:28 AEST 1988

From: rolfe at w3vh.UUCP (Rolfe Tessem)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: Re: MicroPort Unix V/AT
Date: 2 Mar 88 13:56:51 GMT

In article <2495 at ihuxv.ATT.COM>, bareta at ihuxv.ATT.COM (Benyukhis) writes:

> I desperately need help with installing the System V/AT
> DosMerge on my PC's Limited 286 machine.  It seems to blow up
> at the later stages in the installation.  After the Dos Image is or
> may be is being created it cannot boot of of the hard drive.  I followed
> the installation manual to the letter twice and could not get the
> install to complete.  Is it a disk, drive controller?  If anyone has
> a clue or the answer please respond.

I had the same problem with my clone.  It turns out that
while Unix doesn't really use the BIOS, DOSMerge (as you
might expect) is *very* BIOS sensitive.  I switched to a
Phoenix BIOS and all was well.  Contact your friendly clone
parts dealer -- should cost about $35.00.

--
UUCP:  {uunet}!w3vh!rolfe		| Rolfe Tessem
ARPA:  w3vh!rolfe at uunet.UU.NET		| P.O. Box 793