Submission for comp-unix-microport

Unpriviledged user nobody at SPAM.ISTC.SRI.COM
Sat Mar 26 19:52:12 AEST 1988

From: wtr at moss.ATT.COM
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: GnuEmacs on SV/AT
Date: 25 Mar 88 19:28:41 GMT
Sender: jlc at clyde.ATT.COM

This is the next in the continuing requests on porting
information for SV/AT (2.3-L)

A friend of mine has GnuEmacs on his ATT-3B1.  He has offered to
download it to my machine.  Before I spent 5 hours of phone time,
could someone tell me if it's at all possible to get this code
running under microport?

---------

Regarding GCC on SV/AT:

All responses have have been negative, because of 16 bit limitation
and segments :-(.  Most common advice seems to be inquire into
Greenhill about their C compiler.  Is it out of Beta-testing yet?
What do you do to be a Beta-site (I do a fair amount of large system
compiling, graphics routines, etc... and would be grateful to
do extra testing on a decent compiler :-).  Please e-mail any
info you have on Greenhill availability.

---------

Last question: (gawd do i have a lot of them ! ;-)

Has anyone out there with a Sperry-IT gotten the ROM upgrade, and
did it make any difference in the performance of SV/AT? (ie: fewer
core dumps, etc...)?

Thanx for all the help!

Bill Rankin
Bell Labs, Whippany NJ
(201) 386-4154 (cornet 232)

email address:		...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!moss!wtr
			...![ ihnp4 cbosgd akgua watmath  ]!clyde!wtr