YAMB: problems with yacc?

Wietse Venema wswietse at eutrc3.UUCP
Wed Mar 23 08:23:20 AEST 1988

In article <437 at splut.UUCP>, jay at splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) writes:
> I tried entering the program hoc1, from the book _The Unix Programming
> Environment_, and compiling it last night. It doesn't run: when fed an
> expression like 2+2, instead of printing 4, it prints 2. It appears to
> reproduce productions of the form:
> expr: expr '+' expr { $$ = $1 + $3 }...
> Am I bashing my head against YAMB (yet another Microport bug)?
> Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | GEnie: JAYMAYNARD  CI$: 71036,1603

Well, actually it's a bug in the C compiler. Take a look of the
assembly language generated by the compiler. Seems the compiler
generates incorrect 80287 opcodes. BTW we reported this problem
a long time ago (6 months) in the days of version 2.2. What
happened to that bug list?

The problems should go away if you typedef the YACC stack as int.

--
uucp:	mcvax!eutrc3!wswietse	| Eindhoven University of Technology
bitnet:	wswietse at heithe5	| Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science