Problem with News when patched at 14

Barnacle Wes wes at wsccs.UUCP
Wed Mar 23 07:51:43 AEST 1988

In article <569 at lily.UUCP>, det at lily.UUCP (Derek Terveer) writes:
> I was also running #8 on our vaxen at work for many, many, many moons with no
>
> I have had no problems, except expire doesn't *always* seem to want to expire.
  [...cajoled/threatened into upgrading to patchlevel 14...]
> No severe crashes.  No crashes at all.  It does make me wonder though, 'cause
> I keep seeing people complaining about the problems they are having and i have
> seen neither hide nor hair of these problems.

Are you running System V or a Berzerkley derivative on your VAX?  The
problem with i-nodes dissappearing seems to be a SysV-ism, buried in the
kernel.

	Wes Peters
--
    /\              - " Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!utah-gr!