Submission for comp-unix-microport

Unix-to-Unix copy program uucp at uclachem.UUCP
Tue Mar 8 17:35:29 AEST 1988

From: karl at ddsw1.UUCP (Karl Denninger)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: Re: Dosmerge on Bell Technologies 80286 "Engine"
Date: 28 Feb 88 01:43:30 GMT

In article <4032 at megaron.arizona.edu> rupley at arizona.edu (John Rupley) writes:

>I was not able to bring up  dos-merge on an 80286 Bell Technologies
>"engine".  Uport inidicated that this machine was not on the "ok"
>list for dos-merge.  Has anyone solved this problem, or shown it
>not to be a problem?

If it's the machine I think it is, you have a Tatung TCS-7000 in someone
else's (Bell Tech's) packaging.

If this is truly the case (the Motherboard & disk controller will tell all,
take a look) then you're in good shape.  Call your friendly clone maker
and get a set of Phoenix BIOS proms.

We've used the Tatung with Phoenix proms and DOS/Merge 286, and it works.
Without the Phoenix proms, it blows up during installation.

-----
Karl Denninger		       |  Data: +1 312 566-8912
Macro Computer Solutions, Inc. | Voice: +1 312 566-8910
...ihnp4!ddsw1!karl	       | "Quality solutions for work or play"