Microport Users Corp.

Michael J. Young mjy at sdti.UUCP
Tue Mar 8 01:37:00 AEST 1988

In article <176 at sdeggo.UUCP> dave at sdeggo.UUCP (David L. Smith) writes:
>[proposal to form a private company with access to Microport sources]

>Now for the tough question:  Is this feasible and legal?  I believe that a
>source license applies to the company as a whole, not just a single machine,
>so I don't see a problem there.

When we've gotten licenses from AT&T, they are for a specific machine - you
even have to tell them what the serial number of the machine is.

Actually, if you are that interested in helping Microport fix a bug in
their product, it is my understanding that you can negotiate with them
(Microport) to be placed under their own source license as a consultant
or contractor.  AT&T does make allowances for things like this.  I bet
Microport would be willing to accept some free help from responsible
users.
--
Mike Young - Software Development Technologies, Inc., Sudbury MA 01776
UUCP     : {decvax,harvard,linus,mit-eddie}!necntc!necis!mrst!sdti!mjy