Praise for Excelan's response to my merge/386 problems

Hwa Jin Bae bae at ati.tis.llnl.gov
Sat Mar 5 13:09:46 AEST 1988

In article <1083 at vsedev.VSE.COM> ron at vsedev.VSE.COM (Ron Flax) writes:
>In article <22011 at tis.llnl.gov> bae at ati.tis.llnl.gov () writes:
>>
>>Still, I think they could have done better job with socket library calls.
>>
>Actually they ARE Berkeley Sockets, they just happen to be 4.1c BSD
>Sockets, NOT 4.[23] BSD Sockets as you are familiar with.

Yeah, I understand that.  But they advertise that their sockets are
4.2[3] BSD compatible!!!  I have also been told so by the sale people
before I purchased it.  I wouldn't mind if they made it clear that
their software will require modifications of most of 4.2 based
networking codes like SUN's RPC, X server IPC part, sendmail, etc.

I'm simply saying that if they charge so much $$$, they could have
done a better job.  and if they chose not to do so, they should
inform the customers of such fact before purchase.

Hwa Jin Bae
Control Data Corp.     bae@{ati,aftac}.tis.llnl.gov        (Internet)
4234 Hacienda Drive    {ames,ihnp4,lll-crg}!lll-tis!bae    (UUCP)
Pleasanton, CA 94566   hbae at plseca                         (smail)