Memory models?

root root at elric.UUCP
Fri Mar 4 05:58:31 AEST 1988

In article <1015 at athos.rutgers.edu>, hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick) writes:
> The only way to get around the silly segments (as you put it) is to
> get a machine that uses a decent chip.  I haven't played with the 386,
> so I can't comment on it, but the 286 isn't one.

I have the uPort '386 system and it *does* have a single model cc.. Thank
goodness -- I was getting ***Really*** tired of hacking and fighting with
various combinations (or is it permutations? (:-)) of cc -options to get
programs to compile on xenix (with a multi-model cc).  I imagine that uPorts
'286 compiler is the same way.
--
Derek Terveer	root at elric.UUCP		..!clyde!lily!elric!root