YAMB: problems with yacc?

Takuji Akiyama nix at xinx.UUCP
Mon Mar 21 15:52:00 AEST 1988

In article <437 at splut.UUCP>, jay at splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) writes:
> I tried entering the program hoc1, from the book _The Unix Programming
> Environment_, and compiling it last night. It doesn't run: when fed an
> expression like 2+2, instead of printing 4, it prints 2. It appears to
> reproduce productions of the form:... (many lines deleted)

Yes, it's YAMB.  I reported it about 9 months ago (when microport was
1.3) and did again on BIX (Byte Information eXchange) few manths ago.
Seems they admitted it as a bug, but havn't put it on bug list,yet.
'dleu' told us (on BIX) they will *TRY TO* fix this bug in next version.

BTW, I tried to 'yacc' same yacc-src-code on diffrent system (very old
VENIX/86 on pc/xt!) and transfer back to microport, then 'cc' it.
It DID work!  If you have other unix system handy, give it try.

							|nix|
---
Takuji Akiyama (nix)            Workshop Mu
USnail: 2306 E 18th St. #A-11   UUCP:  uunet!xinx!nix
        Vancouver, WA 98661     ICBM:  45 25 N / 122 38 W