Optomizer (used to be: nethack on uport sys V)

Marc de Groot mdg at smegma.UUCP
Wed May 18 23:30:29 AEST 1988

In article <1640 at hubcap.UUCP> mrspock at hubcap.UUCP (Steve Benz) writes:
>  Has anybody found any redeaming features of the Optomizer on 286
>Microport?  I haven't.  All I know is that with the optomizer turned
>on, you get:
>  1) A good chance of compiler failure.

Just a quick note that down at Microport, we compile the entire kernel
with the optimizer turned on and don't have any problems. That's not to
say they don't exist, but we have had good success with the optimizer.

--
Marc de Groot (KG6KF)
UUCP: {hplabs, sun, ucbvax}!amdcad!uport!smegma!mdg