Seagate ST-4096 Question

Greg Hackney hack at bellboy.UUCP
Sun May 22 02:13:05 AEST 1988

In article <354 at gaia.UUCP> cook at gaia.UUCP writes:
>Has anybody out there had any expirience making a Seagate ST-4096
>70Mb drive work under Microport unix?  This drive has 9 heads and
>I recall hearing that 8 heads is the max under Microport.

Steve Nuchia (steve at nuchat) has one on his AT.

I read the same thing in my 386 documents, and was curious, since I
am successfully running an ST-4096 on 386 uPort.

However, I did low level it with the Seagate DM formatter (which
someone just posted a claim that this is a questionable practice).

BTW, it formats to 80MB, not 70MB. I used the standard default
partition sizes (with no DOS partition), and it comes out to:

  swap   18664  blocks
  root   27522  blocks
  usr   110312  blocks

--