Microport System V/386 install woes

John Plocher plocher at geowhiz.UUCP
Thu May 26 09:15:23 AEST 1988

In article <4176 at killer.UUCP> jgh at killer.UUCP (Greg Hackney) writes:
>In article <1040 at bellboy.UUCP> hack at bellboy.UUCP I write:
>>>   What would you like to see in a *GOOD* set of Unix V/AT low level disk...
>>I'd like to see it in English!  :-) :-) :-)
>After being flamed to a crisp in my mailbox, I'd like to say that
>the above comment was meant to be humorous.
>--
>Greg

I'd like to say that when Greg's note showed up here we all had a good laugh!
Thanks Greg for making my/our day!

I too find the Microport (really AT&T) manuals to be about 2 cm above the
level of toilet paper - and that is being generous.  Some of the docs
for installing packages could very well be in Greek for all I know!
(My brother is taking 2nd year Greek - See, I have some experience with it :-)

Thanks again!  (And yes you do have something I can use - your comments on
how *you* think things should be done.  After all, *you* are the one who
gets saddled with doing them...)

 -John