Mail to uport doesn't work

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Thu Nov 10 15:53:22 AEST 1988

In article <256 at uport.UUCP> plocher at uport.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
: +---- In <152 at twwells.uucp> T. William Wells writes:
: | +---- In <4910 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> Jon Zeeff writes:
: | | 2) I can't run mkpart -A to add a bad sector without doing it from the
: | |    floppy
: | +----
: | Uport admits that it's a problem.  Usually you can't boot after using
: | mkpart on a running system.
: +----
: If
:         You have a drive with more than 17 sectors per track (RLL or ESDI)
:         and you run mkpart -A while rooted off of the hard disk

The attributions above are a little wrong: the "Uport admits" is Jon
Zeef. However, John's message explains why I got away with mkpart -A:
my drive has only 17 sectors per track.

Lucky me!

---
Bill