System V/386 Device Driver Documentation

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Thu Nov 24 12:38:03 AEST 1988

In article <302 at bilver.UUCP> johnt at bilver.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>Does anyone know if AT&T (or anyone else) publishes any documentation on
>writing device drivers for System V/386?  I called AT&T, and they said they
>thought they had such a book, but couldn't find it in their computers.

Interactive's V/386 Unix comes with a small booklet that discusses device
driver writing, and gives an example of a parallel printer driver. For what
is there, it's pretty useful. I would be nice if it was bigger than a
booklet though.

Another place you might look is a book called _Writing a Unix Device
Driver_ by Janet I. Egan and Thomas J. Teixeira. It is a Wiley book,
ISBN 0-471-62859-X (paperback), and was published in 1988.
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogccse}!qiclab!neighorn
Intel Corporation            "Where we BUILD the Star Fighters that defend the