W.G.E + uPort + X.V10R4 + gnuemacs

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Mon Nov 7 21:50:43 AEST 1988

In article <LUIS.88Nov5120631 at titan.hbar.rice.edu>, luis at titan.hbar.rice.edu (Luis Soltero) writes:

> I ams so happy!  I just got XV10R4 running under uPort on my 386 (snappy).
> i am however having a small problem w/ gnu emacs 18.51 compiled using
> HAVE_X_WINDOWS and HAVE_X_MENU (or something like that).  emacs compiles
> O.K., links O.K, and dumps O.K.  however when i run it it opens a window
> hangs around for about 5 seconds and then decides it's finished.  it just
> exits!! any ideas?  thanks in advance.
>
> --luis at titan.rice.edu

This is only a guess on my part; however, the interface in GNU-Emacs may be
for X11.2 and not for X10.4. You may want to check this out to see if my guess
is reality. If so, you will probably have to make some modifications to the
GNU code.

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz