Serial Boards

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Wed Nov 9 09:00:16 AEST 1988

In article <2653 at nuchat.UUCP> steve at nuchat.UUCP (Steve Nuchia) writes:
|From article <2652 at nuchat.UUCP>, by steve at nuchat.UUCP (Steve Nuchia):
|> I am successfully running at 9600bps on a Bell Tech 386 with Bell Tech's
|> version of Interactive V.3, using a "dumb" port with a "smart" chip
|> retrofitted.
|
|By The Way, an earlier incarnation of that driver demonstrated 9600 on
|a 16550 plus two 2400 on 8250s, simultaneous uucicos, on a 10MHz 286
|running microbug.  Should still be possible to graft it into a microport
|linkkit.

Sorry, I don't want to appear to nit pick but there is a significant
difference between the NS16550 and the NS16550A.  I know that Steve
meant the 550A but there are still some old 550's around and they are
quite different.

Most notably the 550 doesn't work whereas the 550A does.  Like I said,
I'm not beating Steve over the head but it is important that everyone
clearly understand the distinction, even though we know what he meant.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,rutgers,sun!daver,uunet!bigtex}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM