Any experience with Enix (Everex SysV for 386)?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.UUCP
Sat Nov 26 16:35:25 AEST 1988

I was rather impressed with the Everex booth at UnixExpo in New York
earlier this month. They are the latest company to be publishing the
standard AT&T/Intel SysVr3.2, and appear to offer not only a good price,
but what look to be a number of Nifty Features:

- X11 console support (Open Look and NeWS support is promised)
- some 4.3 stuff (bsdlib, evmnt, setkey, w, script)
- Bourne, C, and Korn
- It 'appears' to have the old DWB bundled in
- Already kernel-resident TCP/IP (RFS is included)
- "Lots of drivers" including ESDI (SCSI optional)

Though Everex is indeed a maker of computers and plug-in accessories, the
people at the booth took great pains to list many other manufacturers'
products that were supported. (One of them was aware of the bad rep BellTech
was getting for selling a Unix which only supported its own hardware.)
Both the standard AT bus and MicroChannel are supported.

Does anyone out there have any experience with Enix? I am interested in
hearing about the good, bad and the ugly of this package.

Is Everex on the net?
--
Evan Leibovitch, SA of System Telly                   "I am most concerned that
Located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario, Canada          nobody will remember me