term.c for rn on uport 286

Bob Thrush rd at tarpit.UUCP
Sun Nov 20 14:35:13 AEST 1988

In article <102 at swamps.UUCP> val at swamps.UUCP (val) writes:
>I am wondering if anyone has modified the rn term.c for use with
>Microport SV/AT.  Would someone be kind enough to mail me a copy?
>Thanks.
>					-Val Christian
>...rutgers!rochester!kodak!swamps!val
>...killer!swamps!val

I am using V/AT 2.3.1 and found that the curses function `tgetstr'
was not working correctly.  Your mileage may vary with the 2.4
version.  I discovered that the following patch would work around
the curses problem:

------------ snip here -----------

*** term.c	Fri Nov 21 17:39:32 1986
--- term.c.uport	Sat Nov 19 23:28:06 1988
***************
*** 33,39 ****
--- 33,45 ----
  /* guarantee capability pointer != Nullch */
  /* (I believe terminfo will ignore the &tmpaddr argument.) */

+ #define MICROPORT_286_CURSES_BUG
+
+ #ifdef MICROPORT_286_CURSES_BUG
+ #define Tgetstr(key) ((tmpstr = tgetstr(key,tcarea)) ? tmpstr : nullstr)
+ #else
  #define Tgetstr(key) ((tmpstr = tgetstr(key,&tmpaddr)) ? tmpstr : nullstr)
+ #endif MICROPORT_286_CURSES_BUG

  #ifdef PUSHBACK
  struct keymap {

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Thrush                 UUCP: {rtmvax,ucf-cs}!tarpit!rd
Automation Intelligence,   1200 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32804