Can't backup to floppy

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Sat Sep 17 07:15:52 AEST 1988

In article <913 at cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS>, will at cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS (Will Nelson) writes:
> The shit hit the fan today.
> MICOM-Interlan NP626,
> Locus Merge
>
> That's right, you got it: I can't back the &ENCD%$@K!! system
> up to floppy with a network/Locus Merge kernel from the console.
> cpio didn't seem to work any better (in fact, worse) from the
> networked terminal, and we have no serial ports.
>
> I called Microport: We can't help you, because you don't have
> a service contract! This is fucking bullshit!!!!!
>
> Well, John Plocher, do you want to stick the system up your ass?
> Will Nelson		uucp: {decvax!decwrl}!pyramid!oliveb!cygnet!will

Sir:
You have absolutely no right to pollute this forum with *your*
"fucking bullshit."  You bought a multi-vendor system without
any support from any of your vendors or a qualified support organization
like a system integrator.  You obviously don't possess the capability
of debugging the problem in a rational manner.  And you make threats
of physical violence in a public place.  Over a telephone what you
have written here is assault.  Mr. Plocher could well have you arrested.
If you didn't know what a multivendor "everything for $199" multiuser
computer entails when you bought it means you are either very naive or
very stupid.

In either case:  get it off this forum!  It doesn't belong here at all.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll