UUCP on Microport

Bob Palowoda palowoda at megatest.UUCP
Thu Apr 27 17:02:44 AEST 1989

>From article <355 at nadia.UUCP>, by eddy at nadia.UUCP (Eddy Schmidt):
> We are having trouble with Microport SysV AT 2.4 as well as Microport
> SysV 386 3.0e. All the time, our machines poll at a site, the uucp stops
> after a couple of blocks, sometimes after 500 Bytes, and sometimes after
> 5 Mb. Then the uucico on one machine terminates, and the other is still
> runnung until the next reboot. We have an 80286 with 4 Mb of Ram, and too
> an 80386 with 4 Mb of Ram. We use the normal serial Ports of Dos, Com1 and
> Com2. Shall we used intelligent serial cards, or is there another reason ?
> Thnx for helping to fix that problem,
> Greets,

   A friend of mine had the same problem with his system. He added the
   igloo patches (along with 16550 serial chip) and it seemed to
   resoulve his problem. The systems now talk to each other useing
   TrailBlaziers. If you want the info on the 16550 and the source
   code you can get it off my bbs. 415-796-3686. File: 16550.dirver
   located in the unix_comm files area. The chip cost 13.00 at
   Fry's electronics.

   ---Bob

--
 Bob Palowoda
 Work: {sun,decwrl,pyramid}!megatest!palowoda