Microport has filed for Chapter 11

karl lehenbauer karl at ficc.uu.net
Thu Apr 20 23:28:26 AEST 1989

In article <831 at twwells.uucp>, bill at twwells.uucp (T. William Wells) writes:
> I believe that you might be laboring under a misconception. Chapter 11
> is filing for protection from creditors. It means that a company
> doesn't have the money to pay its debts. It does not mean that they
> are going out of business. Quite the contrary, it means that they want
> to stay in business but can't make ends meet.

OK, my remarks were a bit flip.  Nonetheless, a lot of companies that file
Chapter 11 never make it out from therein.  Further, what of Televideo's
corporate sponsorship?  Presumably Televideo pulled the plug -- at least
it appears Microport has been left to fend for themselves.
--
-- uunet!ficc!karl	"Contemptuous lights flashed across the computer's
-- karl at ficc.uu.net	 console."  -- Hitchhiker's Guide