Options for Microport Users

Wolf Paul wnp at killer.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Apr 13 02:37:29 AEST 1989

In article <12641 at haddock.ima.isc.com> bryanc at haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) writes:
>So, for all those Microport users - there is a way to make good
>on what otherwise could be a bad situation.  Here it is:
>
>INTERACTIVE will provide a 75% credit against the purchase of 386/ix products
>for each Microport product purchases.  Therefore if someone purchased a system
>from Microport at $500 then INTERACTIVE will give a $375 credit against the
>purchase of 386/ix!!! and for resellers its discountable....and for how ever
>many systems you want to upgrade.....and they will honor the remainder of the
>Microport support contracts for users upgrading to 386/ix.
>
>Orders can be placed through INTERACTIVE's Distribution group in Hollis, NH
>at 800-537-5324.

Could you please post the following info:

1. What constitutes acceptable proof of what one paid for one's Uport products?
   (i.e. do I need an invoice showing the amount, or do they want the
   serialized diskettes, and go by the last retail price, or what other
   way of determining the credit amount?)

2. What are the respective prices of 386/ix components:

   -- Runtime

   -- Development System

   -- Text Preparation System/DWB

3. For some of us who are still stuck with 286 machines, would they consider
   an upgrade deal to their old 286 system?

UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN: wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD