com3 & com4 -> tty2 & tty3

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Fri Apr 28 02:05:46 AEST 1989

> > >You can not use IRQ2 for anything under Unix - it is already used by the
> > >system.

!  I would also like to hear why you can't! I am running AT&T UNIX V/386
! Release 3.2, and when I installed the Xwindow mouse driver the package
! gave me the option of using IRQ2. Needless to say I have my mouse using
! IRQ2 very successfully, so I am very interested...
!
! Internet  : howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org	|	Howard D. Leadmon

If you have a PC/AT style bus, IRQ2 is not even a valid bus signal!
IRQ 10, 11, 12; 14, 15 are mapped onto the AT-specific connector.
IRQ 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are preserved onto the PC-bus commpatible connector.
Thus, a guess, is that you are not using a true AT bus compatible machine
or *your driver is polling* and not using the interrupt for a d*mn thing!

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll