Microport has filed for Chapter 11

Steve Rudek stever at tree.UUCP
Sat Apr 22 03:45:12 AEST 1989

In article <3904 at ficc.uu.net>, karl at ficc.uu.net (karl lehenbauer) writes:
> Interactive said they'll offer a 75% discount to Microport users who convert
> to 386/ix, applies to end-users and resellers, and covers both the 286 and
> 386 versions.  They are also honoring existing Microport service contracts
> to those who go to Interactive.

   This system runs Microport V/AT--I read an earlier posting from Interactive
and got the impression it was only for 386 users.  Are you sure they will
allow 286 customers to trade up?
Also:
(1) is that a 75% discount on the full purchase price or a 75% credit for $$
spent on Microport 286?  If the latter, do you suppose they'd give credit
for all the $$ I've spent on Microport upgrades, etc. in pursuit of a
working serial port driver? :-)
(2) does this offer have an expiration date?
(3) how traumatic is it to move from V/AT to Interactive's 386 UNIX?