Microport Status

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.UUCP
Tue Apr 4 09:17:16 AEST 1989

In article <292 at visenix.UUCP>, beattie at visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) writes:
] In article <310 at feedme.UUCP> doug at feedme.UUCP (Doug Salot) writes:
] =I might be willing to contribute a few $K and some engineering resources
] =if someone were to negotiate a Microport buyout and form a limited
] =partnership.  A global support network comprised of Microport users,
] =anyone?
]
] I might be able to do likewise.

A user-owned software cooperative?  That sounds real interesting.  How
would such a thing be managed?  What should the stated purpose of such
a company be?  Simply to support existing users?  To develop new products?
It could be a gem or a turkey, I suppose.  But if such a thing is viable,
I would consider becoming a part of it.  I do hate to think that I'd be
throwing good money after bad, though.  It's already cost me nearly $2K
for software/updates/support of dubious value.
--
Bill Michaelson - Reply to: princeton!mccc!cosi!bill
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026