ps INSISTS on accessing the floppy (/dev/rdsk/fd) on SysV/AT 2.4

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Apr 10 10:23:00 AEST 1989

In article <264 at tree.UUCP> stever at tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
>About 2 months ago a double panic made the root file system (/dev/dsk/0s0)
>unbootable...
>I hatched the idea of hacking a backup copy of the boot floppy disk to
>"cp list list.ug" before doing an 'upgrade'.  Voila!  The root file system
>once again became bootable and I figured that was the end of THAT.

Look at the shell script again.  You'll note that the kernel
is patched. As I recall, it's called something like hdrt.patch.
I bet you're running the floppy kernel without patch, and it's
dutifully going to the floppy from which it was born...

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk!norman
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840