Microport's Improved Tape Driver

Dave Remien dave at pmafire.UUCP
Thu Apr 13 14:49:52 AEST 1989

In article <98683 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at sun.COM (John Plocher) writes:
> [Various items deleted] ... There was even
>a complete set of EGA graphics primatives, a high level libgraph.a
>interface library, a demo program set with mandelbrodts et al, for both
>the 286 and the 386, a new -from the ground up- tape driver that works
>with both the everex and the archive controllers...

It's academic at this point, of course, but the preliminary graphics library
is pretty decent, and the revised tape driver works without fault on my
Archive 60Mb drive. They probably were getting it together when the plug
was pulled...... Or else this is just a testimony to John's efforts at
putting out quality product.

*Sigh*.  After getting all the hardware weirdnesses straightened out,
now I have to go get a new version of somebody else's '386 V.3.whatever
and make *it* work.

Oh well. Life with UNIX goes on.
--
Dave Remien - WINCO Computer Eng. Group -{uunet | bigtex}!pmafire!dave-
"I'm looking for the same old place.  You must mean the old same place.