Ressurect V/AT?

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Mon Apr 17 12:37:41 AEST 1989

In article <730 at pcrat.UUCP> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>Failing that, another alternative is to find out if Venturcom
>is still in the System V 286 UNIX market, and would give an
>upgrade deal to uPort'ers.

I'm running Venix/286 on my home system.  I've also got all of the driver
sources to Venix.  VenturCom sells them for a reasonable $1,000.  I got a
Venix upgrade about 6 months ago (version 2.4), so I think they are probably
still supporting the product.  VenturCom is now a reseller of 386/ix with
their own real-time enhancements, so I imagine that's where much of their
effort goes these days.  I'm going to be calling VenturCom soon to find out
about getting the driver sources upgraded to 2.4; I could find out if
they would be interested in a uPort upgrade deal if there is sufficient
interest on the net.
--
John Temples - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!jwt!john